Having an unexpected dinner this summer at one of the best known restaurants in the Netherlands, at least for the southern part.
Not knowing about my hobby, I was invited here fot a 4 course meal, and what a treat it was. This 1 Michelin star restaurant deserves it name, the Swan, being elegant and strong and living up tp all expectations.
Unfortunately, being taken by surprise, I am without my camera and have to rely on my Samsung mobile camera…
What did I eat?
- Salmon, pickled in seaweed, wasabi, avocado, sabai vinegar (NJAM!)
- Plaice fillet, braised chuck roll, cauliflower
- Lamb, grilled white aspergus, couscous, ras-el-hanout
- Strawberry Romanov, “Hangop”, Merengue
Good / Bad points:
- +++ Cosy Atmosphere
- +++ Full contact, happy and social staff from waiter till chef
- +++ Balanced meal
- — Off to a slow start, could not find our reservation, and a change of people seemed difficult…
- Food, great starter, loved the salmon, perfect balance in sweet sour spice, just a match made in heaven! Also great fish and Lamb. However for me the lamb was a bit common and the garnish was not in harmony. Missed a combining link. Strawberry in the end was okay, but the merengue was pre produced, very hard and way too much, overpowered everything…. 8.8 out of 10
- Coziness, Beautiful surrounding, warm mix of modern furniture and art with some classic design. Great chairs and a good vibe! Maybe just a bit too light? 8.7 out of 10
- Staff, started terrible, I guess 1 or 2 new girls maybe? But when the “patron” came to the rescue, it all went significantly better…. ended with a meeting with the chef. 7.9 out of 10
- Price, I don’t have a clue, but looking at the internet, it is fairly priced, maybe even on the lower side…. so I will give a 8 out of 10
Overall ending with a very strong 8,4